Sunday, November 29, 2009

If I Don't Blog Tonight...

...I'll forget the look on Tobin's face when I got him up from his nap and he saw our Christmas tree. We hadn't even put any lights or ornaments on it yet; but even still, his face conveyed such wondrous surprise and joy. To think that in the place where his train table normally stands, there was now a tree?! In the house?! How delightful is that!

As he stood there gazing in amazement, I told him that he could touch it; and he toddled over and gently reached out to feel the needles. It was as if he was thinking, "Is this real?? Did somebody really put a tree in the living room? And Mom and Dad know about this, and they're OK with it?"

Ah, the magic of that moment and the sweetness of his face!

Yes, if I don't write this down tonight, I surely won't remember it. And I do not want to forget this.

5 comments:

Miriam said...

How cute!! It would be so fun to know what he was thinking inside his little head :P I'm so glad you shared this, it is a sweet moment!

Misty said...

Amazing how quickly we forget things that we surely think would be unforgettable isn't it? Glad you took the time to jot this down. For your sake, his sake and ours!

Emily Sacra said...

Aww, how sweet! Is it a real or artificial tree?

Davene said...

It's a real one. We always go to the Christmas tree farm in Singers Glen to get it. We probably would have waited a few more days to get one, except for the fact that I'm hoping to take a picture for my December header and have the tree in the background...so we had to go yesterday to get it. :)

Unknown said...

Precious!
I wish we could have a real tree, but with the weather here it just ends up being a shedding, crackly, pale brown mess after a while.