Tuesday, December 1, 2009

TTT - A New Name for the Sit and Spin



On our way to Pennsylvania for Thanksgiving, I was sitting beside David (age 4) in the van; and I enjoyed the chance to spend some time talking with--and listening to--him. At one point he said, "I had a dream about a daddy deer and a mommy deer and there were cubs and a nest..." OK, so baby deer are called cubs, and they live in a nest? Looks like we need to spend a little more time on science in our homeschool curriculum!

********

We were discussing the plans for our next family night; and since it's in honor of me, I need to decide where we'll eat. David was surprised that I started mentioning restaurants and questioned me, "Aren't YOU supposed to be the cooker??" The pressure cooker, maybe. ;)

********

Somewhere along the way as we were riding along he said sweetly, "I want you to live close to my house when I grow up." That boy melts my heart on a daily basis.

********

On another occasion, the boys and I were playing in the living room together one evening while we waited for Jeff to get home from work, and Josiah (age 7) blurted out, "Tobin's been too long on the Spit and Sin!" The Spit and Sin? Hmmm. Now that's a ride I wouldn't want to spend much time on!

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I just love reading about your precious treasures! They always make me laugh as well :P

Mike and Katie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I've enjoyed reading yours and will have to read more when I get a minute! You are in the thick of things right now.

I hope you are blessed with the opportunity to be parenting toddlers and teenagers!

Misty said...

I literally laughed out loud at the "spit and sin"!

Jolanthe said...

That spit and sin comment is hilarious!! :)

There might be some spitting for sure!!

Patti said...

Spit and sin. Can't stop giggling.

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Oh the spit and sin...that is awesome!