Friday, September 19, 2008

Happy Anniversary, Dear House!

On this day three years ago, we joyfully traveled from North Carolina to Virginia, which was the last leg of our journey from California to Virginia...however, the journey actually started when we left Israel and proceeded to California by way of England. That was a long trip. September 19, 2005, found us excitedly driving up route 81, the home stretch; and, boy, did that feel good! We had to stop at the state line to get a picture of Jeff and Josiah at the welcome sign...
...and then we traveled on to my parents' house--OUR house--and enthusiastically began our life here.

It's been an incredible three years. Happy anniversary, dear house--our home sweet home.

8 comments:

Emily Joy said...

Yeah! I'm so happy you and your family lives so close by! Happy Anniversary, Dear house!

Marie said...

Happy Anniversary Davene! Wow what a wonderful story!! I love your house by the way!

jeanette said...

Happy Anniversary! what a beautiful house and YARD! :)

Sally said...

I think here in the Valley is about the best place to be. I'm glad you feel at home here too.

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Happy House Anniversary! I think that is a really neat tradition to celebrate. Good idea! :)
Carrie

Unknown said...

We've been in our little house almost exactly as long -- and I love it so. Lucky, lucky us to have such happy homes!

Margie said...

What a nice post. And what a wonderful place you live. The perfect place for 3 quickly growing boys.

Anonymous said...

ok, this is very random on an old post :) I got here from Michelle (my sister's) blog...just wanted to say we have a pic in front of the same welcome to VA sign from our last trip :) how fun! blessings to you.