Saturday, September 20, 2008

Neglected

I've been neglecting my blog recently which actually makes me a little sad since I feel like life--especially the details of Jeff's mom's visit with us--is slipping through my fingers and I'm not being successful at capturing it...but what also makes me a little sad is that I'm neglecting the other blogs that I love to visit for the inspiration found and the friendships cultivated there. I miss knowing what's happening with my blog buddies in Arizona...and Australia...and California...and even here in Virginia. I've been sporadically popping in to various blogs, but my Google Reader is absolutely lit up with numerous entries I haven't gotten to--not because of a lack of eagerness, but simply a lack of time.

Things won't be different in the near future, since tomorrow afternoon we're off to the great North: Pennsylvania and New York. I'm looking forward to a family photo shoot with Lisa, some time with my brother and his family, and at least a glimpse of the Statue of Liberty; but I'm sure unseen adventures lie in wait for us, and I welcome them.

When things settle down, I will also welcome more time in Blogland. :)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Davene,

Will you guys be coming by Messiah on your way? :-)

Kendra Allegra said...

Your Profile is great! I love the fact that God calls each of us by name.

Emily Joy said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean! I have been feeling the same way. I start a post and then erase it, and start all over. Finally, I get to frustrated and quit.

I hope you have a fun time up North!

Julie said...

Sweet friend...enjoy your time living in real life. It still happens even if it is not blogged about, and sometimes our memories are just kept in our heart and mind. I know exactly how you feel, though :-) Give yourself blog grace. Love you much!!!!

Sally said...

I am with Julie, living the great times is even more important that blogging about them. Don't let the blog keep you from life, and don't feel guilty about it! Enjoy the trip, your family and friends.

Unknown said...

Enjoy your time in real life -- we'll be waiting to hear your news when you get back. But I know what you mean about a blog as a diary -- I forget so much if I don't blog it.

Anonymous said...

good to finally catch up on all you HAVE blogged. My heart lept with you in your story of Josiah.... Oh friend... thinking of you. thanks for the small windo into your world. Have a great trip.
sharon

Mamajil said...

Have an awesome time with your family!! I know what you mean about blogging and time....since we started back in school its been hard to squeeze in a post and my reader has over 5 posts I haven't had time to read..

Have a great trip and I will say a special prayer for y'all that the Lord would keep you safe and that you will have a memorable time!

Marie said...

We will be missing you on your trip Davene! Maybe you can come to Arizona too! He he he! I completely understand about finding time! I always regret it when I don't write down what I know I might forget! Please enjoy your mother in law and Say hi to Lisa for me!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! It was fun seeing faces from home on Sunday. I hope you all got some great pictures. Last year my floormates and I also had a photoshoot down by the river and bridge, and the photos turned out really nicely. I figured the train would be a hit with Josiah and David, but that noisy thing comes through campus far too often to be appreciated by me! Thanks for delivering a hug from my mom, and I hope that the remainder of your trip is filled with great adventures and memory making! :-)

Margie said...

I am looking forward to hearing re-caps, but echo what Julie and Sally said: enjoy the memories you're making! Your best time is spent with your family. Have fun visiting Lisa - I might have spied David on her blog...

Anonymous said...

Amen! I too have been away from the blog lately. No one holds it against you. It's just a reminder of how busy life gets and how great it is to be living life so fully! Hope you have a great visit. I look forward to hearing all about it.