Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Josiah...

...has his first (for this semester) choir class with the Shenandoah Valley Children's Choir this afternoon. Lots of anticipation around here about that.

...will be my date tomorrow for our annual (except we skipped last year) mother/son outing. When he was 3 years old, and again when he was 4, we went to a Wiggles concert for our special date. Now that he's older, his activity of choice is going to the indoor waterpark at Massanutten Resort. Lots and lots of anticipation around here about that!! Josiah has been there once...I've never gone...but we're both really excited--my excitement is mostly for the chance to just spend time with and focus on him, without other little ones competing for my attention.

...started soccer this past weekend, and is the oldest player on his team.
~ one thing I've noticed recently about Josiah is that when he's in a new setting in which he doesn't quite feel comfortable, he puts his hands on his hips like in the above pose...I love studying him...I love knowing his habits and mannerisms and as many of his thoughts as he chooses to share with me
~ during their game, the other team only had 4 players instead of the usual 6, so Josiah agreed to play on the other team to even things out--hence, the blue jersey
~ as he enjoyed a snack afterwards, I noticed how the name tag on his shirt identifies him, but how the curve of his ear and the texture of his hair identifies him even more distinctly to me!~ hey! how did this picture get in here? this is supposed to be about Josiah! oh, well, this was Tobin during Josiah's soccer game...I couldn't resist including this sweet face...I would have included a picture of David as well, but the only one I took of him was blurry since he was in motion most of the time we were there!

...made me laugh out loud yesterday when we were reading from The Children's Bible during school, and we flipped open to this page. Upon seeing the picture, Josiah incredulously asked, "Why did Moses get arrested???" Through my laughter, I had to explain that he wasn't being arrested but his arms were being supported by Aaron and Hur so that the Israelites would win the battle against the Amalekites. The innocence and lack of preconceived ideas that children bring to the Bible is constantly refreshing--and occasionally hilarious.

6 comments:

Julie said...

Oh my goodness! It really does look like they're arresting him! It's amazing the perspective you can get if you'll look at things through the eyes of a child.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're busy! I am so glad to hear Josiah is doing well and back to learning new things.

It is truly fun to teach your children about the bible and hear how they react to it!

Margie said...

I love the photo with the name on his back, but what you noticed more...actually, I love the whole post. Loved hearing about just him (with a little bit of Tobin, who gets bigger in every photo).

Crystal said...

LOL...somehow I've also missed the story of Moses' brush with the law. ;-) Have fun on your date.

Debbie in CA : ) said...

The ordinary becomes the poetry of our lives when we take the time to sift the minute details and capture all the gems found therein. You blog is a treasure chest. : )

jeanette said...

sweet post! glad you explained the Moses being arrested part :) that pic sure does make it look like he's in trouble! :)