Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sweet

...to be safely home again.

...to be settling into familiar routines and places.

...to have this picture from our fun photo shoot with Lisa.
...to be married to a man brave enough and talented enough (and crazy enough?) to drive all around New York City. I have this little tradition, when something particularly admirable about Jeff is mentioned, of saying, "That's why I married him!" which is true in part, but not fully, because, of course, many thousands of his good qualities combined to convince me to marry him. But it's a fun, silly habit; and I'll continue it here by saying, after seeing Jeff's ability to stay calm, cool, and collected as he drove through the unbelievable pot of stress that is NYC...that's why I married him. ;)

10 comments:

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Welcome back and Amen to having a wonderful husband you can trust to drive around NYC!
Carrie

Elizabeth said...

So admirable! NYC is CRAZY busy!!!!!

:)

Sally said...

Glad to see you're back home. I'm sure you had a great time and I'm looking forward to reading about it. Take time to rest up though!

Misty said...

Welcome back! I'm glad you had a good time. Gorgeous picture too!

Anonymous said...

It's good to see you again!

I couldn't help but laugh, though, when I saw your comment that it was the "many thousands of his good qualities combined" that convinced you to marry Jeff. It reminded me of a similar but opposite quote from Much Ado About Nothing. Benedick asks Beatrice "And I pray thee now, tell me for which of my bad parts didst thou first fall in love with me?" Beatrice answers, "For them all put together; which maintained so politic a state of evil that they will not admit any good part to intermingle with them." After which she asks him for which of HER good parts he first suffered love for her. Ah, I love that play!

Margie said...

Glad you're back. But NYC? Good heavens! Can't wait to hear more stories about the trip.

Julie said...

Welcome Home! You were missed :-) Cute picture of you and Jeff, too. It will be fun to catch up! Hugs to you, my friend.

JFisher777 said...

You are beautiful!

jeanette said...

why did you go to NCY?! he IS a brave man for driving around...I always take the subway when I go-too scared to get in a car there! :)

Jolanthe said...

love the picture - when you get the link to the rest, I would love to be added on to see them!! :) Lisa does a great job, no?

Jolanthe