Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I'm in...

...a slump. A blogging slump, that is.

Although these early December days are tripping along (mostly) merrily, and although there are plenty of things about which I'd like to write, I find myself strangely unmotivated to blog. Not sure why. Oh well...

Until I figure it out, I'm just going to pass along a few pictures that my dad took recently. This past weekend, we were DELIGHTED to have SNOW!!! The past few winters, we've only gotten a piddly amount of snow so we've been hoping that this winter does better and actually brings us some measurable snow. We're off to a good start. :)

Josiah and David played for hours in the snow, mostly accompanied by the neighbor girls who were also reveling in the whiteness. I would have gotten out there myself, if it weren't for the fact that Jeff was at work and I couldn't figure out how to manage both Tobin and Shav in the snow!
~ trying to shovel off the walk for my parents, despite the fact that snow was still falling and anything cleared of snow would have to be re-cleared later...they had hearts to serve and were having fun, and that's what matters :)

Also on that day, one of Dad's patients stopped by to drop off a special gift for him: an embroidered blanket that reads...
World's Greatest Doctor
Thank You for Your
40 Years of Dedication
November 28, 2009

This patient first came to him on November 28, 1969, so in honor of the 40 years she's been coming to him, she made this for him. Is that cool or what? I already knew that I'm not the only one who thinks Dad is the world's greatest doctor, but it was nice to be reminded of it again.

Thanks for the pictures, Dad. I just couldn't resist bragging on you again! ;)

2 comments:

Polly said...

So cool about your Dad!! Awesome!!

Blogging slump--could it be that you have four active little ones and Christmas is coming??! I think you do great w/ your blogging!!!

Margie said...

What a really nice tribute to your father.