Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Not So Bad After All

I was going to write about how long and tiring and up-and-down emotionally and at times just plain tough...how difficult my day was, despite some really good moments in it.  However, when I checked my email tonight, there was one with this link in it: to Noah's Road.  This is a new blog about a little baby boy who was shaken by his daycare provider and is in very serious condition; his parents and the medical team don't know if he'll even survive and, if he does, what the long-term effects will be.  My heart breaks for them.  I cannot fathom what Noah's parents must be going through.  I have been so indescribably blessed to never find myself in a similar situation.  To say, "thank You, God!" for the life and health of my children seems grossly inadequate; but say it, I do--over and over again.

I've decided my day wasn't so bad after all, and I end this day with a fervent prayer in my heart for God to do a miracle in little Noah's body and raise him up to be restored to his parents.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Wow, thanks for that link. I'll be praying for that family.

I remember when my first was born having to watch a video on shaken baby syndrome before I was allowed to leave the hospital. I had to turn my head more times than not. It was so hard to watch the Dr describe and demonstrate on a doll.... I was asked to watch it with the birth of my other 2 children but I reminded the nurses that I have seen it and thank you I never want to see it again. I can only imagine the roller coaster of emotions that family is going through. That changed my attitude for the rest of the day.

Kristen said...

Thanks for posting this link. I had actually heard about this...this family is a friend of a friend...Right now I have a burden to pray for several sick little kids, and now I can pray more specifically for him too.

I can't fathom what they are going through. It does make our pitiful complaining seem just that...pitiful.

Still praying for you and the little one in you!

Sarah said...

Oh my, my heart breaks.