Sunday, May 24, 2009

Simple Sunday - Three-Generational Living

~ thankful (again!) for the privilege of living so close to my parents and having our lives be so intertwined...my children don't yet realize it, but they are receiving a TREASURE by the love and affection that are poured into their little lives daily by their grandparents...this particular Sunday, I'm grateful for the fun outing we had last evening to beautiful Wildwood Park...we took along our out-of-town guests as well as my parents and enjoyed the chance to soak in the lovely scenery and watch our children run and play...when Mother asked me if I'd like for her to hold Tobin for a while, it didn't take me long to say yes  :)...Jeff captured this sweet moment between them

5 comments:

Sally said...

That park is really beautiful. Andrew and I (on a rare date night without the kids!) took a walk there on Friday evening. We swung on the swings, and I even went down the slide twice! It was fun!

You are really blessed to have that wonderful and close relationship with your parents. I'm sure they enjoy it as much as you do.

bekahcubed said...

As someone who rents a home practically in her parents' backyard (and is considering buying a home in the same neighborhood), I agree that it is wonderful to be close (in relationship and proximity) with family.

My Simple Sunday post is up on bekahcubed.

Unknown said...

There's nothing more precious than the gift of time ... we are also blessed by having my parents live so near.

Margie said...

This is lovely, Davene! A perfect Simple Sunday post.

Debbie in CA : ) said...

SO much fun to catch up on around here! You look beautiful, my dear.

This post particularly touched me. You are SO RIGHT . . . your parents are a treasure in the lives of your children, just as they were for you in yours. You have been richly blessed. Our hope is in the Lord . . . and it is so wonderful when that thread knits families together from generation to generation. EnJOY the gift and pass it on.

Thanks for sharing such delightful peeks into your sweet, sweet life on Sylvan Drive. : D