Sunday, May 3, 2009

Simple Sunday - Belly Love

 ~ thankful for this magical time in a woman's life when her belly is bigger than ever, but also more beautiful than ever, when more attention gets lavished on it than at any other time in her life, when simply watching its contortions as the baby inside kicks and punches becomes the best entertainment around!...this isn't my belly, by the way, nor do the hands belong to Jeff and I...instead, this is a picture I took this afternoon of our friends Mark and Sarah, who came over for lunch and were consequently trapped into letting me take pictures of them :)...this will be their first child, and Sarah is due the middle of this month...they are the other expectant couple at our church who chose to not find out what they're having so it's extra suspenseful to wait until the birth...it could be any day!!!
I usually get my Simple Sunday posted earlier, but my original plans for a picture to use in this post were deterred by the lovely rain we've been having...which is no problem, since I was glad to use Mark & Sarah as my Plan B.  Besides that, my day was full with our church service this morning, friends here for lunch, my customary Sunday afternoon nap :), preparation for a meeting tonight, and the meeting itself.  In any case, I guess I'll go ahead and do Mister Linky, although it's probably too late to expect anyone else to participate since Sunday is almost gone!  I do know, however, that Margie already did a post for Simple Sunday so check out her blog if you're interested.  Oddly enough, I've been thinking about Margie all day today, ever since I woke up from a strange dream in which she played a significant role.  Hopefully I'll post about that tomorrow.  ;)

2 comments:

bekahcubed said...

That picture is beautiful--I love how their hands make a heart on her belly!

Margie said...

Okay - I'm really curious about your dream! I do love the picture, and because Sarah and Mark are having their first, I feel especially happy for them. No other feeling can equate with the earthquake-like change in a couple's life than the entrance of the first "other person." It's grand, and magical, and astonishing.