Thursday, August 13, 2009

Loved and Cared For

After having a downer of a post yesterday, I am so grateful that today has been a day of refreshing; and my spirit tonight is uplifted and strengthened. I feel so loved and cared for...

~ by Margie and Morning, who left comments so soon after I published yesterday's post that I was able to read them as I nursed Shav during the night, and my soul was encouraged even before morning came

~ by Julie M. who left a comment a little later in the day, but who had shared her heart freely in an email last evening...I know she knows how I feel, and that's comforting

~ by Julie S., who called a little after 9:00 AM this morning and offered to watch the boys for me so I could nap...I ended up taking the oldest three over to her house, then came home so Shav and I could sleep the morning away...it was fantastic!...and fortunately, Julie's daughter Emily captured some of the fun moments the boys were blessed to have and posted lots of pictures on her blog! :)

~ by Sally, who also called and offered to do anything she could to help me...she stopped by this evening and picked up her dishes from when she had brought dinner to us after Shav's birth, and she dropped off a bunch of yummy-looking blueberry pancakes and homemade granola bars: breakfast tomorrow is ready and will be extra special! :)

~ by my parents who sat in my living room with my dad holding Shav and my mom entertaining Tobin while I worked on supper preparation in the kitchen...it's difficult impossible to chop onions and carrots while holding a clingy toddler with one arm, so my parents' help meant a great deal to me...they have been entertaining out-of-town guests this week so we haven't seen them as much (and I haven't wanted to ask my mom for help because I know her time has been occupied), but the time they spent here today during the late afternoon was very much appreciated!

~ by Jeff who took Josiah and David to the airport this afternoon (leaving me with two napping little ones and a quiet house) to pick up his mom...she is staying with us for three weeks and is eager to help out...already she has held a fussy Shav, unloaded and loaded the dishwasher, and played a game of Skip-Bo with Josiah and David; and she's only been here a few hours!...I'm so grateful for her heart to serve

Last night, all I could see was the dark tunnel. Tonight, I see the light at the end.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Isn't it wonderful how His joy truly does come in the morning? So glad you'll have some live in help for 3 weeks!!

Emily Joy said...

I love being your lifesaver :) I noticed when we were over the other day (And Tobin was wearing his onesi) that he kept trying to find his belly button, but he couldn't! So cute... :)

Charree said...

I am so glad that you are encouraged and I will be praying for you. I hope you have a blessed weekend!
~Charree

Margie said...

Davene, I'm so glad the next day was better. And I can tell, after doing my catch-up reading, that you're mastering the routines of life as a mother of four. You're inspiring.