Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tiny Talk Tuesday - Stinky Sand

This is my first time participating in Tiny Talk Tuesday, but I've been inspired by Jolanthe's blog to use this way of recording the funny or sweet or memorable things that come out of my boys' mouths!

One day recently, David (age 4) was playing with some fake money, and he was very generously sharing it with me. At one point, after counting out various amounts, he said, "I have a hundred, and you have a kabillion. Is there a kabillion?" No, I don't think there is exactly, unless that's the amount that comes somewhere after trillions.

We've been listening to 4Him's Hymns CD at various times during the past week or so, and one of the songs is "The Solid Rock." I had to smile when I heard David singing along, but using these words: "On Christ the solid rock I stand. All other ground is stinky sand." Well, I certainly don't want to be on stinky sand. All the more reason to stay on the solid rock! :)

6 comments:

Emily Joy said...

David is so silly! I wouldn't want to be on 'stinky sand' either :)

And I would love to talk more about 'blogging issues' and having the right heart and attitude sometime also! Have a wonderful week!

Sarah-Anne said...

Too cute!!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Welcome to TTT! I LOVE your header - so cute!

I am gonna avoid stinky sand this week too. Smart kid :) I love word substitutions in songs. They are always adorable.

Happy TTT!

Valerie said...

Yay! I love Tiny Talk Tuesday. I don't always remember enough stuff my kids say to play along but every once in awhile I get it written down. :)

Enjoyed your 1st Tiny Talk, hope to read more in the future. :)

Heart of Wisdom Academy said...

I'm sorry to hear about your mastitis. I pray that you'll get better quickly. Shav is so adorable! You have such a beautiful family. I read the comment that lady said about having four boys. That reminds how when I was pregnant with the twins a sister at church said, "I'm so sorry to hear that". I wasn't sorry, and at the time I was too tired to even be offended. She later came back and apologized. I do find it much easier to give grace to people that just don't have a clue what a treasure we have. God Bless you and thanks for updating about your days.

Jolanthe said...

I agree - all other ground IS stinky sand! :)