Friday, October 3, 2008

Creative Kids Co-op

We are blessed to be part of a wonderful homeschool co-op; and I was especially blessed today to be able to wander around with my camera (when I wasn't helping the 1st graders learn chess or science), snapping pictures of some of the students in their various activities. I know the names of some of the children, but certainly not all...and I find myself doing what the "old people" used to do when I was little; I say to myself, "Oh, there's a Nichols boy," or, "He must be a Hottinger." I don't know their first names, but I sure know in which family they belong!
~ little miss M. comes from a gorgeous family :)
~ kindergartners waiting for their turn to go through an obstacle course
~ a little cutie pie in the nursery
~ David listening to our friend Christy read a story in the 3 year-old class
~ Christy's son...one of them, anyway...I don't know his name, but I know he belongs to her!
~ since I got to hang out in chess class with the first graders, I took a lot of pictures of them!



~ crayons in the kindergarten classroom ~ a little hands-on learning...a turkey chick in the kindergarten science class
~ a seventh-grader (I think) drawing guitars
~ I know this girl's mama...in fact, she took care of Tobin in the nursery today (thanks, Julie!)...I don't know if I've ever seen someone wear as many of those rubber bracelets as this girl does :)
~ handsome little K. helped himself to the crackers...his portion was much more satisfactory, I'm sure, than the small, reasonable piece the nursery workers would have given him! :)
~ products of 1st grade art class
~ the first graders intrigued by the book their teacher was reading to them

What a fun way to learn!

5 comments:

Misty said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Would you mind sharing some more info on the co-op since rinity will be starting kindergaren next year! YIKES!!! :)

pyrotechny said...

Thanks D! You shoulda' got one of that sweet babe all curled up in the playpen too!

Sally said...

This looks like a really good thing. I would like to learn more about it and maybe we can participate when Paul gets old enough. Thanks for posting!

Davene said...

There is a website for the co-op - www.kidsco-op.org. You can check there for more info, or of course, ask me, too. :)

Margie said...

I love all these photos, but especially the fun one of the crayons. I liked the name history you shared, too. Makes it feel more real.