Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sunrise, Sunset

I recently noticed and photographed a sunset. I guess today it was time for a magnificent sunrise to finish the pair? :)

When I spotted the sky this morning, I knew I had to drop everything and grab the camera. Fortunately for Tobin, I wasn't holding him at the time. :)
I took the next picture and noticed the corner of the swing set in it, so I thought...
"That's kind of neat; let's show more of it!"
The sky continued to lighten, and I was reminded of how quickly sunrises and sunsets occur. In just a few moments, the sun is up or it's down; and there isn't much time to linger or you'll miss it.
Even the sky itself was beautiful this morning.

Psalm 19 comes to mind; it begins this way in The Message:

1-2 God's glory is on tour in the skies, God-craft on exhibit across the horizon.
Madame Day holds classes every morning,
Professor Night lectures each evening.

3-4 Their words aren't heard,
their voices aren't recorded,
But their silence fills the earth:
unspoken truth is spoken everywhere.

4-5 God makes a huge dome
for the sun—a superdome!
The morning sun's a new husband
leaping from his honeymoon bed,
The daybreaking sun an athlete
racing to the tape.

6 That's how God's Word vaults across the skies
from sunrise to sunset,
Melting ice, scorching deserts,
warming hearts to faith.

8 comments:

Jen said...

Amazing pictures!

Julie said...

Emily ran to get the camera this morning to take pictures also, got outside and the battery was dead! Glad yours was up and running. Wasn't the sky a work of beauty? Only the Hand of God could create something so wonderful.

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Good grief, we DO need to slow down and look around us a little more often, don't we? Gorgeous!
Carrie

Polly said...

Glorious!!

Mamajil said...

The pictures are amazing!! This really ministered to me! Thanks for sharing! :)

Jenn Heatwole said...

Psalm 19 is one of my favorites...thanks for sharing the Message version. Great pictures!!

pyrotechny said...

I saw that same sunrise from the 5th floor of RMH. I didn't have my camera with me, but you captured it well. Looking over the "burg I thought it looked like a Thomas Kinkade print or a greeting card. One of those that you think is more imagination than it is real. wondered if a photograph would even capture it's depth. I am so glad that you got it! How neat!

Jolanthe said...

That is too funny! I took pictures of the sunrise on the same day - it was just too pretty!! I just didn't get them posted like I'd planned! :)

Jolanthe