Sunday, October 19, 2008

Simple Sunday - Transformation

~ thankful for transformation...for the process of change that occurs in the leaves each year...and for the process of transformation in me...I am not the same person as I was last year or even last week; and, in the future, I will be different than I am now...when I get discouraged by my failures, I need to remember the old song by Joel Hemphill that says,
"He's still working on me to make me what I ought to be.
It took Him just a week to make the moon and stars,
The sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars.
How loving and patient He must be,
He's still working on me."
~ one of our maples, on October 12
~ the same maple, on October 15
~ the same maple again, on October 18...how quickly the process of transformation in this tree!...how slowly I find myself being transformed...still, I find myself uplifted by this visual reminder of glorious change; and when I see these leaves, I will be reminded of God at work within me

And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. - 2 Corinthians 3:18

5 comments:

Unknown said...

wow! lovely pics and the sentiment, too.

Mamajil said...

What beautiful pictures!!
What a true sentiment too!!
I guess so long as we are always changing we are always growing, right? I hope so any way! Have a blessed week!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

That is amazing to see the same tree and the color changes...I LOVE it!
Carrie

jeanette said...

that is an unbelievably beautiful sight! wish our trees turned such brilliant colors. :)

thank you for the great analogy of transformation

Margie said...

Just what I needed to read tonight. Thank you, Davene.