Saturday, October 18, 2008

It's the Little Things...

...that make me smile. Like tonight, for instance, I'm extra happy simply because I have new slippers to cushion my feet. These are not just any slippers either! Pink...fuzzy...a flip-flop style...definitely a change for me. When I first saw flip-flop slippers a few years ago (the first time I noticed them was when my sister-in-law Lori came to visit and brought hers), I thought they were silly. :) I mean, slippers are supposed to keep your feet warm, right? How could they do that if the top was open?

However, when my old slippers finally gave up the ghost (which was a long process, previously written about here...I kept talking myself out of buying new slippers), I decided to be daring and get these "silly" slippers (so brave of me, I know! I really live life on the edge). And amazingly, I love them!!! When I had regular slippers, I found that my feet got so hot that I had to kick off the slippers before too long. But then my feet got too cold without something on them, so I had to put the slippers back on. And back and forth, I would go. With these flip-flop slippers, however, I don't have that problem since they provide just the right balance of warmth and coolness for me. Even better, the price was something about which I could feel good: $6.00. :)

I didn't mean to do a commercial for this kind of slippers, but I did want to simply express gratitude for the small things that make life so comfortable. Tonight, besides all the big important stuff for which I give thanks, I also am grateful for these.

4 comments:

Sally said...

Oh my! They look wonderfully cozy and comfortable! I have the same problem with my feet getting too hot, etc. that you described. Hmmm....you've got me thinkin'.

pyrotechny said...

I LOVE THEM!

Sally said...

Your slippers inspired and motivated me. I got a pair of them for my sister Gail for her birthday, which is Wednesday. Thanks unintentional advertisement!

Lisa said...

Love the slippers!!

AND love your new header — clever!