Sunday, September 27, 2009

Simple Sunday - Matching Clothes

~ thankful for matching clothes--and for boys who are still young enough to enjoy wearing them! :)...someday, they'll grow up and think it's not cool to match, but for now I'll savor these days...it's actually difficult to see in the picture below, but Shav's outfit matches Josiah's and David's (except he's wearing khaki overalls instead of pants)...those outfits were given to us when Tobin was small, and here are some pictures of the oldest three boys wearing the matching clothes...now it's Shav's turn to wear the baby outfit, and Josiah and David can still fit into their shirts, but poor Tobin doesn't have an outfit that matches...he sticks out like a sore thumb in this picture, but for some reason, he doesn't seem to mind :)...with three out of the four boys wearing matching clothes today, we had to take a picture where we took those other ones last summer, when Tobin was a baby and Shav wasn't even thought of!

2 comments:

bekahcubed said...

Aww--they are too cute! I remember the matching days fondly. My sister and a cousin and I all had matching Easter dresses the year I was seven. Boy, were we a sight in our bright pink and blue floral dresses with big puffy sleeves! But we ate it up.

As a side note, sometimes matching doesn't really end--it just morphs into new things. For example, two of my brothers realized that they were wearing the same shirt today--one shirt was blue, the other was green. Or my sisters and I often find that we unwittingly coordinate our outfits. One sister might be wearing a black and white floral dress, another wearing a white dress with a light blue sash, and the third wearing a light blue shirt with a black skirt. So matching doesn't always completely give up the ghost.

Margie said...

This is a cute picture, but I doubt any of the boys will ever mind not matching in a particular picture. It seems to matter more to moms than to them. But I'm a mom and I do think it's cute!

But frankly, your boys are so good-looking they don't need to match; they are perfect all on their own!