Saturday, October 10, 2009

A Delight to My Senses

My children bring such delight to me in so many ways. Here are just five of those ways:

~ hearing: could anything be more joyful in my ears than the sound of my children's laughter?

~ feeling: could anything feel better than my child's arms wrapped around my neck?

~ smelling: could anything smell sweeter than the milky-breath, fresh-from-God new baby scent?

~ seeing: could anything bring more comfort to my eyes than the sight of my children peacefully sleeping?
Shav this morning

~ tasting: could anything taste more pleasing to my tongue than.........the snickerdoodles I had been craving for weeks and finally made tonight about 11:00 PM? :)...yum, warm from the oven with a cold glass of milk...delicious!...I think I'll go have another one... :)

9 comments:

Mamajil said...

What a neat post....loved the pictues and now I want a snickerdoodle!! :)

Lana said...

Wow! Shav looks like David there!

Lisa said...

I'm agreeing with Lana here...I thought that was a photo of David!!

He's already getting so big!



ps. you need to write me back.;-)

Sally said...

Yes, yes! I agree with you whole-heartedly! Those things are the best of this life, truly! I'm so glad God has blessed you with these things--and I have many of the same blessings from Him too!

I too thought that was a picture of David at first glance.

Margie said...

Ditto what Lana and Lisa said. Shave looked like David at first glance. I like this post - such good reminders of what we love about our children.

And also a reminder that snickerdoodles might be one of the best things ever invented.

Margie said...

Davene, I have to apologize. I just realized I mis-typed Shav's name, and I'm not sure why! I hope I'm not the only person that's done that, although I suspect I am. Perhaps I'll write David as Davide on some future comment, and later Tobine, and Josiahe. Perhaps Jeffe? Then the whole family will be on equal footing. Elizabethe and Sarahe are in bed.

Polly said...

Yes! I love lists of simple pleasures like this!

Davene said...

Oh, Margie, you make me laugh!

I suppose it's only appropriate that a barber would have a son named Shave, right? Maybe if we have another son, we can name him Clippers. For a girl, how about Scissors? And then after that, we'll name our next son Razorblade. That's kind of cool and...edgy, don't you think? :)

Don't worry a bit about misspelling his name. I'm so used to people misspelling and mispronouncing my name that nothing like that bothers me anymore. :)

Unknown said...

Precious.