Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Illustrating the Gospel

In our Sunday school class last week (I thoroughly enjoy Sunday school, by the way!!!), we were talking about the character of Melchizedek in the book of Hebrews--specifically, how that was a figure that was known to the recipients of the book of Hebrews, and how that carried weight with them. The average person on the streets in our century and in our country doesn't have a clue about Melchizedek, so it doesn't communicate as powerfully to us perhaps as it did to the first-century Jews. Well, the discussion went something like that; anyway...

Today I was thinking about modern-day examples that communicate effectively to us in the here and now, and I thought of these two blog posts that I've seen recently on other people's blogs. Both of these illustrate powerfully, I believe, an aspect of the gospel message. It's always a joy to see the timeless truths of the Bible in a fresh light. Don't we all need that from time to time?

So, for what it's worth, here they are:

... from Crystal's blog (a video clip)

and

... a story from a new blog I stumbled across today, Ruthie's.

No comments: