Monday, June 9, 2008

Lovebirds

45 years, and still going strong! Happy anniversary to the best parents a girl could ask for!!!

Josiah asked me one time recently, "You and Daddy are not going to ever get a divorce, are you?" I quickly and strongly assured him that no, we will never get a divorce. It reminded me of one time when I was a young girl and had that same conversation with my mother. She was in the laundry room when I asked her (the same laundry room in which I spent much of my day today!), and I must have heard about someone getting a divorce and needed to hear from her that she and Dad never would. I'm SO GRATEFUL that my parents are still married. They've set a wonderful example for Jeff and I...and for many other people. What a treasure!

5 comments:

Margie said...

This is wonderful! Congratulations to your great parents on 45 years together.

Anonymous said...

You are so blessed to have such a great example. It is difficult even as an adult to deal with the seperation from a divorce. What a gift you can give your children by keeping your commitment to each other!

Kristy said...

Happy Anniversary, Mr & Mrs Huffman! How awesome to see such a great marriage....such a true blessing and great example!

Unknown said...

How proud I will be to reach 45 married years. I hope and pray it will come about for us.

Crystal said...

Happy Anniversary, Mr. & Mrs. H.

You're an inspiration. :-)