Friday, June 13, 2008

Now He Is Six

Josiah is 6 years old today. It's been a day of celebrating, of remembering, of thanking God for this amazing gift of a son. So much more waits to be said about this; but, thanks to FlyLady (I'm on Day 4), I MUST go shine my kitchen sink before I can go to bed, so this post will have to be short!

In honor of the occasion, a chocolate cake with marshmallows, chocolate icing, AND sprinkles...
This evening when I asked Josiah to smile for me, this is the face I got...
...followed by this one. It's enough to melt a mother's heart.

6 comments:

Sally said...

Hey, Josiah shares my father-in-law's birthday! Paul, Hannah, and I just returned from the birthday party at their house in Keezletown. We had a really good time. (Andrew and some of his brothers are taking his dad out to a movie as a gift, that's why the kids and I came home separately.)

Josiah looks really cute, and he does look just like your brother David (as I remember him when he was young). Josiah is the same age as my oldest nephew, Steven.

My sister-in-law has used FlyLady. Have you just started? Have you been doing it a long time? Does it work well for you? I'd love to hear more.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Josiah!

And best of luck with FlyLady, Davene! I hope you find her as useful as I have.

New Mom said...

Happy Birthday Josiah! Wow, he must be on a sugar rush!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday! What a lovely, silly, big boy you have. I always think the parents deserve congratulations on a birthday as much as the children -- it's a wonderful thing to have steered a precious person through another year. So well done to you two, too!

Julie said...

Happy Birthday, Josiah! June is a great month for a birthday!!!!

Kristy said...

Happy Birthday, Josiah!!! I agree, people born on June 13 ARE the greatest! I had no idea they shared a birthday.

What a beautiful boy.Doesn't 6 yr old feel so "official?!" He really looks like you in the last picture, i think.

That birthday cake looked pretty yummy, too!