Monday, July 14, 2008

A Change of Pace

Spotted today on our clothesline: Puppy and Eeyore, hung out to dry by their ears. Eeyore was dirty and needed a bath (of the swirly variety...AKA, washing machine), and David was a bit reluctant to see his beloved friend go through this experience. Josiah wasn't reluctant at all; in fact, he urged me to add his Puppy and two of his teddy bears, Dandee and Kevin, to the wash as well. Dandee and Kevin are still waiting for their turn in the dark load, but Puppy and Eeyore made it through in good shape and are enjoying the beautiful sunshine outside. :)
Some time ago, Margie from But Be Like the Sun tagged me for this; and my good intentions of getting to it right away went by the wayside. Here, then, are my answers:

What were you doing ten years ago?
Living in San Diego, enjoying life as a newlywed (we had been married a year by this point, but still felt like newlyweds!), teaching piano, forming deep friendships in the church we became a part of in the first year of our marriage, and relishing our mission to turn the world upside down.

What are 5 things on your to-do list?
Do laundry, copy some things for my FlyLady Control Journal, clean off the bench in the kitchen, write in a husband/wife Q & A journal for Jeff, deal with paper clutter on the counter by our phone.

What are 5 snacks you enjoy?
Really? Only 5? I can't actually think of a snack that I don't enjoy, which may be why I'm having to use such high-pressure methods as blog accountability to make myself lose this baby weight (150.6 lbs this morning...holding steady since last week, which is fine with me). But back to snacks... Let's see: Kline's chocolate ice cream; popcorn hot from the microwave; a fresh, juicy nectarine (just had one of those); Oreos and milk (really wanted some of those); and the hot sausage dip I made for the Backyard BBQ last night (which was not in the backyard but was inside the house because of the rain, in case it wasn't obvious from the pictures). I really could go on and on; but since you asked for 5, Margie, I'll stop. :)

What would you do if you were a millionaire?
Probably let Jeff take a year off from working to go volunteer (with our whole family) for Wycliffe, then adopt half a dozen kids, buy some land in the mountains of West Virginia, build a log cabin on it for a family vacation spot, and donate to the organizations listed in the sidebar under "Important to Me." Actually, we would probably invest it; and only splurge a little by taking a spontaneous trip to California to visit family and friends there. It's been 17 months since we were there, and that's way too long in my way of thinking!

Name some of the places you've called home.
Hinton, Virgina...Grantham, Pennsylvania...Speculator, New York (for a summer)...Jerusalem, Israel (for a semester)...Imperial Beach, California...Tel Aviv, Israel.

What are some of your bad habits?
Who comes up with these questions anyway? :) I'll answer about my bad housekeeping habits; that's a little safer! Leaving clean laundry on the guest room bed instead of putting it away, not cleaning up all the dishes at night (if they don't fit in the dishwasher, there they sit on the counter--not good), forgetting to clean Jeff's shower because I honestly never look in there! I'm trying to do better; I really am!

What are some jobs you've held?
I've worked in a bookstore (an ideal first job, especially when the boss--Ruth, a woman who is part of our church--urged me to take books home to read so I could recommend them to the customers...OK! you don't have to ask me twice about that one!), worked on the music staff (which also involved waitressing) at Camp of the Woods, accompanied vocalists and instrumentalists, directed a handbell choir, taught piano lessons, and worked as a women's ministry leader for a church.

6 comments:

Chris said...

HEY! You forgot that one of your God-ordained jobs is being a wonderful wife and mother to your man and boys! That is definitely a job! Quite personally, I think, that THAT is one of the jobs that more women need to think about applying for.

Lisa said...

I love this! I love learning more about you.;-)

JFisher777 said...

Hey babe...tell the boys thanks for letting me use their "Go dogs go!" book. I have used it in several classes... I will likely switch now to the bear hunt one.
I miss reading stories to our boys!

Anonymous said...

I love these question answer blogs. It's so fun to learn about others!

I wish I had a clothes line to hang out the laundry. It's so funny how something so simple can bring joy to me. I love the smell of fresh laundry.

Guess you learned a little about me too!

Margie said...

I love your answer about the million, and also applaud you for answering the bad habits. Patti did, too, but I was too chagrined to say that hey, I'm a terrible procrastinator at times. Although you didn't tag anyone, it might be fun if Lisa did it, too!

Davene said...

Margie, great idea about Lisa doing this! I left a comment for her informing her of her nomination. :)