Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Big Shout-out...

... to Leah and Olivia Deputy who were tonight's babysitters extraordinaire while Jeff and I had a date (to a new restaurant in town, Taste of India, which was muy delicioso!). Leah attends the same college I did--and she reads my blog--so you know she's got to be a wonderful person! ;) We could tell the boys had tons of fun, and we're so grateful for great babysitters!!!
I was especially glad to sneak in this date tonight because in two short days, Jeff will be on his way to Israel. Oh, how we'll miss him! But I'm very, very glad he is doing this...

Other news: my Monday morning weigh-in was good: down to 152.4 pounds. The weight is coming off slowly, but I'm pleased.

Quotes of the day: from David, as we rode in the car today--"Are Grandpa and Grandma twins?" :) And from Josiah, as he and I and Tobin snuggled in the rocking chair in my room tonight while David had fun turning the touch lamps on our bedside stands on and off and on and off--"I can't imagine life without Tobin." Neither can I, my boy...neither can I...

7 comments:

Marie said...

I love hearing about your date night out! What sweet baby sitters!!

How exciting for Jeff to go to Israel again! I will pray that his trip is a safe one!

Mamajil said...

Date nights are so important!!! You ought to line your sitters up for when Jeff gets back in town.... :D
I love to hear your boys comments the twin comment was great!!!!! And How sweet that Josiah acknowledges the blessing of Tobin in his life!! It reminds me of when I had Sawyer and Millie was admiring her new brother and looked at me and said "mama he's a good idea don't you think"..... I will keep your family in my prayers as your husband travels!! Have a blessed day!

Misty said...

I love date nights! Chris and I are going on a lunch date today! His younger brother is down here visiting and is willing to watch the kids for us for a while. We're going to try Blue Nile. I know how you feel about Jeff leaving! Chris is leaving for more military training (6 weeks worth) on July 12th!. Find things to occupy yourselves (like playdates with us!) and the time will pass quickly. Unfortunately I'm getting used to this kind of thing. Chris left for 6 weeks of military training in Washington state three days after we got married!!

Michelle said...

I don't think I have ever had Indian food. Do you have any good recipes to share? It's great that you had date night...it's so important. (BTW, love your blog!)

Julie said...

Hey! Even though Steve will be in town, I want in on the fun. And maybe you all could come over here a time or two to eat with us.

As to your parents being twins...they do say spouses start to look alike after many years together;-) It's an understandable comment.

Lisa said...

If your babysitter is ever looking for more babysitting work...since she's close by during the school year, I'd love to give her a call. We're always looking for good sitters and from your "review", I'm sold!

SO glad you got to go out on a date. I cherish those times and I know you do, too!!

Bonnie said...

I'm so glad you were able to squeeze in a date before he leaves!
I agree with whomever said to line your sitter up for when he comes home so you can have a date then too!