Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Good News

She's home!!! Dad was able to bring Mother home from the hospital tonight; and although she's still not feeling the greatest, we're all relieved to have her continue her recovery in the comfort of her own home! Hopefully she'll be able to sleep better tonight than she has for the past few nights. At least she can be sure of the fact that no one is going to wake her up at 4:30 AM to weigh her. :) (I know hospitals have certain procedures that they have to follow; but good grief, I still don't understand why they have to do things exactly like they think they do...but I've never worked in a hospital so I wouldn't understand!) :)

Seeing the lights come on in Mom & Dad's house and knowing that they are both there tonight was one of the best moments of the day...and this day has had its fair share of "best moments," particularly in the ultrasound room of Shenandoah Women's Health Care this morning. :) More on that tomorrow (hopefully), if I get a chance to do my 19 Weeks post...

Again, I want to express a huge amount of appreciation to all those who were praying for my mother and reaching out to us in some way. We are all so very grateful!!!

To end, here are some pictures of sweet Tobin getting a haircut tonight from his daddy, the most famous barber in Harrisonburg (for today anyway)! But this haircut was special. Yes, very special indeed because this haircut happened here at home tonight...in our garage...with Tobin sitting on--what else?--a potter's wheel! Sure made it easy to swivel him around! :)
I love the surprised look on Tobin's face in the top picture...
...and then the big grin he gave me in this bottom picture. I love this boy!!! (And his daddy...) ;)

9 comments:

pyrotechny said...

SO GLAD your mom is home. I have decided that Institutions of ANY kind fail to make sense anymore.

Misty said...

VERY glad to hear that your mom is home! Tobin sitting on the potter's wheel is absolutely adorable.

Kristen said...

Also so glad that your mom is home recovering. Tobin has really become a big boy...he looks so grown up! Super cute... :)

jeanette said...

glad to hear your mom is home! praise God!

Tobin's expressions are precious!

Elizabeth said...

Yeah! Im so glad she is home!

I love the pictures :)

Lisa said...

Glad your mother is home. Resting at home will be a much better environment than the hospital.

I LOVE the article on Jeff. So cool! He would be a great Barber Professor! haha!!

Thanks for the update.


ps. I can't wait to hear about the ultrasound!!! FUN!

Margie said...

Hi Davene - I'm writing from out of town in the hotel's business center and it's my first time to get caught up. Am so glad to get to your blog when you wrote your mother was okay! Sorry I haven't been around to comment. Loved the bathtub pictures, though, and the great haircut photos. We'll be home soon, but wanted to at least let you know why I've been absent. So glad your mother's recovering!

Debbie in CA : ) said...

I rejoice with you in seeing the light in your parents' window. What a blessing. What a comfort!

I agree with you . . . who makes up hospital routines?

EnJOY your day! : D

Unknown said...

Great that your mom is ok -- and sweet picture of your tiniest man.