Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Something's Missing...

...from the mouth of my firstborn.
After about a month and a half of wiggling, Josiah's first baby tooth to fall out gracefully made its exit today. Josiah was standing in the kitchen before lunch; and as I glanced at him, I saw his loose tooth at an unbelievable angle to the rest of his teeth and a little bit of blood starting to flow. I thought, "That tooth is going to come out!" And sure enough, Josiah himself, without a bit of fuss, calmly plucked the tooth from his mouth. I was so excited and proud. He's really growing up, that boy of mine!

After hugs and smiles and congratulations and a peek in the mirror by Josiah so he could see how his new smile looks, it was time to carefully tape the tooth in Josiah's baby book. I noticed that this first tooth to fall out was the first tooth he ever got; I wonder if it always works that way.
And so, another bit of our family history was made today. The event happened...it was photographed...the tooth was preserved...and now it's been blogged about--all within the space of a few hours. I wish I was this organized with all the important things that happen during the course of a day! But at least I caught this moment, and I'm grateful for that. :)

5 comments:

Valerie said...

Ok, well I got the first tooth coming out on video. Have pictures of before and after... but I lost the tooth. Teeth #2 & #3 broke, I guess they dried out? #4... MIA. #5 came out today, I should really go do something with that one. It's not quite as special as the first but it is still sweet to look at when they are older.

And I have heard that they tend to fall out in the order they came in. Joseph had so many wiggly ones at the same time it's hard to say which was really first. His first one out was his first one in, not sure about the rest.

Good for you getting all of that taken care of in just a few hours! :) And yay Josiah for losing your first tooth! I love a gummy smile!

lizzy said...

Ah how exciting! :) Your children are so blessed to have you recording all of these exciting things in their lives :)

I can't wait for your # 4! And I am especially excited to know what the sex will be! Whether boy or girl :)

Charree said...

How fun. I bet Josiah is super excited. How wonderful it is that you have kept such thorough information documented to so well. It is such a wonderful thing to pass down to your children.

Have a blessed day!
~Charree

Charree said...

By the way, I just wanted to say thanks for your prayers. Your comments on my blog were a real encouragement today.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a milestone! I am so glad to hear of this fun news. And he'll love to see that special tooth years from now. Tell him we're so proud of this new grown-up experience.
- Margie (I'm posting from my mother-in-law's, and it won't let me change to my name without losing the comments.)