Sunday, February 8, 2009

Simple Sunday - Mantel

~ thankful for this mantel display...not that it would win any awards in a decorating magazine, but to me it's highly significant because of what the wall hanging says ("All because two people fell in love...") and the pictures on the mantel that illustrate that principle...first, there are pictures of my grandparents (paternal and maternal), then a picture of my parents, then of Jeff and I, and then finally of our family of five...I only wish I had pictures of Jeff's side of the family to place on this mantel, too...it is amazing to me to think about all the "life" that God had to weave together for many years to bring about my life and Jeff's and the lives of our children...not only do Jeff and I have a unique story of how we met and decided to marry, but also our parents do, and their parents, and their parents, and on and on...and now I look at our boys and think, "It really is because two people fell in love; and not only that, God blessed their love and made it grow"...for that, I am very grateful!



4 comments:

jeanette said...

that is a really cool mantel..with a really great story.:)

Sally said...

I love those pictures and the plaque on the wall! What a neat display! You can check out our Sunday over on Honey Run now...and find out a virus has struck over here.

Charree said...

I like your mantel and the little sign above it. Thanks for sharing it.

Hope your week is blessed!
~Charree

Christin said...

OH MY GOODNESS! WHERE did you get that? I was just thinking last week how I wanted to have something like that. with that EXACT saying.

LOVE It. and you...