Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tobin's First Sentence Was...

...spoken this evening as he gazed upon the pitcher of iced tea my mother had brought to our house for supper. He said, "Daddy drinks tea," which is a very true statement since hardly an evening goes by without Jeff consuming several glasses of my mom's stevia-sweetened tea. Of course, Tobin's version of the word "drinks" wasn't quite the same as mine - those double- and triple-consonant combinations are tough to say! - but his meaning was clear as a bell. That is the first time I've noticed him putting together words to make a sentence, but I have been very aware recently that his language ability is SOARING. It's such an exciting time in the life of a child, and I absolutely love the fact that my relationship with him is coming out of the fog of "what are you thinking? what's going on in your head? what are you asking for?" and into the clarity of "oh, NOW I understand you!"

Very shortly after this first sentence, Tobin popped out another one: "Eat now?" :)

These pictures are from this morning when Tobin was enjoying some playtime with his little buddy Shav. Won't these boys have loads of fun together as they get older?! :)

3 comments:

Kristy said...

So sweet! I love tthe pic of them playing together. What a treasure they have in each other.

P.s. I enjoyed getting to know Shave a little better on Sunday in the nursery. He is such a sweet, happy boy!

Jolanthe said...

hee hee ~ that is great that he already knows his Daddy so well! :)

Margie said...

I love all those firsts. Such markers of the passing of days. How privileged we are, as mothers, to get to see (or, in this case, hear) them.