Monday, February 26, 2007

Anti-procrastination, Day One

Some weeks ago, a blog that I sporadically follow held an anti-procrastination week. I thought it was a great idea because, for goodness' sake, there are so many things around here that I procrastinate about! But the timing of that week didn't work well for me, so I tucked the idea away for a future date. Well, the time has come...

As I sat down to make a list of things that I could accomplish here in my anti-procrastination week, I very easily came up with 11 items. And I'm sure if I think a few more minutes, I'll come up with a dozen more! But I've got enough ideas to get me started.

So far today, I have...
1. written in a journal that Jeff and I use to write special letters back and forth to each other--it's a guided journal with leading questions written by Dennis & Barbara Rainey--the last time I wrote in it, I'm ashamed to say, was January 24, 2006!
2. cleaned my microwave, inside and out--this should have been done months and months ago--just ask Vicky who encountered my very dirty microwave when she was babysitting one time, and was assured by Josiah that it's OK, that's how it always is! :)

I have also been working on laundry (normal Monday job) and have done Learning Time with Josiah. It's been a great day so far, helped by the fact that David has taken a nice long nap. His sickness has made him extra tired, and I've enjoyed the extra time to get things done.

I'm addicted to productivity. I can't wait to go anti-procrastinate some more! :)

No comments: