Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Anti-procrastination, Day Two

Today, being Tuesday, was spent mostly out of the house. In this season of life, it seems like almost every Tuesday is a day to be gone from the house! Our activities today involved going to the post office, taking magazines to recycling, going to the library, having a play date with Trinity and Houston at our friends' Chris and Misty's house...home for naps...then in the late afternoon, Josiah and I went to his music class.

Despite being gone so much, I did accomplish two things on my anti-procrastination list. The first thing was easy, since it needed to be done at the library. Ever since we moved back here and started going to the library regularly, I have been wanting to ask a librarian about the process of finding certain books. Every time we go, I just browse on the shelves and never have a hard time finding great books to bring home to read to the boys; but I didn't know how to find specific ones that I might be looking for. In the olden days, when I was just a girl and was going to the very same library, there was a huge cabinet with a file system for the card catalog; and I understood that way of looking up books! But I didn't know the new system.

So today, I asked one of the very friendly librarians (whom I actually recognize from when I went to the library as a child...there are at least three women that work in the library now that I recognize from long ago!) to show me the system, and she was very glad to do so! It's a very simple, easy computer system; and I don't know why I waited so long to ask for help about it. (I always think that about anti-procrastinating projects..."Why did I wait so long to do this??? Silly me!") I'm excited to be able to look for certain books now, especially ones that I may want to use in Learning Time with Josiah.

The second thing I "anti-procrastinated" about was my refrigerator. Every year after we receive Christmas cards, I always take off the old pictures I've posted on the frig, and replace them with the new batch. Well, it's almost the end of February, and I still had not done that project which should have been done the first week of January! I actually started working a bit on it yesterday, but tonight I finished that and am so happy to have that done! It's so much fun to look on the frig and see the smiling faces of our dear friends. It's a wonderful way to remember them all through the year!

I also got to put up on the refrigerator the Mary Engelbreit magnets that Jeff gave me for Christmas. I love Mary Engelbreit magnets and had put that on my Christmas list. :) Jeff gave me an abundant number of them for Christmas, and I'm delighted to see them on my frig--a happy reminder of my mother, who shares my love of Mary Engelbreit magnets, and of my beloved husband.

No comments: