Saturday, February 10, 2007

Further Insight into the Mind of My Son

Last Monday, I wrote about Josiah's falling-in-the-toilet incident. Yesterday something happened that helped me understand the reason for the sheer terror that Josiah was oh-so-loudly demonstrating as he sat dripping wet and waiting for me to come rescue him.

Before we left the house to go grocery shopping yesterday morning, the boys were with me in the upstairs bathroom where we were brushing teeth, doing hair, etc. David, being curious, peered over the edge of the toilet into the water below until Josiah said, "David, don't touch that water. It will kill you!" A lightbulb went on in my head, and I asked Josiah, "When you fell in the potty a few days ago, did you think you would die from that?" He replied affirmatively; and when I asked him why he thought that, he said that he had heard someone say that the water in a toilet would kill a person! Well...now I get it...no wonder he was so scared on that day!

No comments: