Sunday, February 11, 2007

Functional Beauty

It's a wonderful thing when an object is not only functional, but also beautiful...and when it also reminds us of someone we cherish, that's icing on the cake!

One tiny part of God's body gathered in our home today for fellowship, worship, and encouragement; and I used this bowl for the apple salad I made for our lunch together. As I was putting it away this evening, I asked Jeff, "If this bowl was a person, who would it be?" He thought of the bowl as Mexican sunshine, so his answer was Maggie Arellano--an excellent choice--but I was thinking of the colors of Italy, and that brought to mind Charlene Lisi with her beautiful home with its rich shades of color and its continual warm welcome. I wonder...if I was a bowl, what would I look like?

No comments: