Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Hello, Gorgeous!

All is well!

We saw a baby about an inch long (the perfect measurement for this stage), a beautifully-beating heart (178 bpm), and arms and legs that actually moved around! We did not, however, see twins, thus proving that Jeff's dream was not truly prophetic...and enabling me to breathe a huge sigh of relief since I wasn't at all sure how in the world I would handle twins. :)

We also saw a subchorionic hematoma (a blood clot somewhere between the placenta or uterus)...or, rather, the skillful ultrasound technician did, and then pointed it out to us. I wouldn't have had the first clue what it was. It, apparently, was the source of the blood, but doesn't seem to be of any major concern. The article I linked to for general information's sake is full of much more worry and gloom about it than the professionals we saw today seemed to be.

I am full of joy and hope and RELIEF! What a blessing to have access to an ultrasound to so quickly put my mind and heart at ease!

~ By the way, this is my second post today. Two posts in one day! I haven't done that in a while! :)

11 comments:

Margie said...

What a fabulous picture. Wow. A treasure. It moves my heart.

I have some catching up to do! I'm glad you noted you had done 2 posts today; I feel so behind. Can't wait to read more!

Sally said...

Isn't that just fantastic? To see the little baby, hear the heartbeat, see the arms and legs, and to know it is your baby, from God.

I'm glad you got good news!

Kristy said...

Gorgeous, for sure! Nothing like seeing that precious little one inside of you and hearing the beautiful sound of that heartbeat. So glad to read your wonderful news tonight. May God continue to keep you and your little one right in the palm of His hand.

Foxy5 said...

I had that same thing with my first pregnancy. I am relieved right along with you that all is well. Blood is never a fun thing to see when pregnant. How comforting to see your baby and know that everything is ok! :)

Unknown said...

hooray! what wonderful news.

Julie said...

So sweet! What a precious little one just growing away in there. I am praying for you and loving you, Davene!

Kristen said...

Yeah! I am so excited. I didn't read this until this morning, and actually woke up praying for you! So glad everything is well...you have my continued prayers.

Misty said...

How incredibly adorable is that? I had the same thing (a subchorionic hematoma) with Elissa at 11 weeks. It was definiely scary as there was LOTS of bright red blood and Chris was all tHE way across the country and I was here wiTh Two little kids by myself! All turned out fine of course but it definitely a fright! Take care of yourself!

Crystal said...

What a beautiful little baby! It's such a reassuring moment to "see" your little one for the first time.

Good job on surprising your hubby. You're a good wife. :)

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

That is just wonderful!! It is such a relief to see that little heartbeat and know that things are progressing perfectly! :) Yay!
Carrie

Liberty Woods said...

I'm so happy for you. July 18th is David Angerstein's birthday too.