Sunday, December 7, 2008

Simple Sunday - Three Generations

~ thankful for intergenerational living...with our three generations living so close together, we have plenty of special moments like this grandmother/grandson snuggle time
~ also thankful for the response to the S.O.S. I sent out in my Friday post...before I even left the computer that night, the encouraging comments from Sally and Julie came in and were so uplifting...my parents responded immediately, too (well, the next morning as soon as they read that post), with Dad insisting that he take us all out for dinner today (with the choice of restaurant being mine!) so that neither Mom nor I would have to cook, and Mom doing load after load after load of my laundry to help me dig out from under that burden, as well as having Josiah and David come down to their house yesterday morning to watch movies (The Velveteen Rabbit and Animal Babies--very educational!) so that I could catch my breath and do some work around the house...but most of all, Jeff was my rock (as always) and helped me think through our schedule and eliminate some very good and worthwhile (but completely overwhelming) activities...life is seeming a bit brighter already; and for that, I give thanks!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Awww, I am glad to hear this. This time of year is an overwhelming one no matter what "season" of life you are in. It's hard to know what to hang onto or let go. Keeping your expectations and perspectives real helps a lot...and having a husband willing to offer insight into that area is a gift!

I am slowly learning that not everything can be done the same way all the time, and that what worked in times past may not work now...or maybe not this year, but there's always next year to try again.

Seasons change...so glad that God NEVER changes, aren't you???

Love you! Off to the SVCC concert ;-)

Sally said...

I'm so glad your family is helping you get things figured out to a workable state. God blesses us through others so many times, and in so many ways.

Charree said...

The picture is timeless. It must be such a blessing to have your family so close by. I am glad that you have been given some encouragement and I will be praying for you.

Have a blessed day!
~Charree

Debbie in CA : ) said...

Such a sweet picture. Having your family close is such a blessing, though I appreciate your honesty in blogging about the downs as well as the ups. We each have our own paths to walk, and sometimes the way becomes rocky. Praise God, He never leaves us.