Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Making a List...

...and checking it twice...and crossing things off! Hallelujah for finishing something!

It's such an energizing feeling to have stressful things be OVER with; and I realize that as stress leaves my life, my dear friend optimism returns. She's been poking her head around the corner every now and then, as if to check out the state of things in my house and my heart. I try to make her feel welcome so she'll stick around, but things still feel a bit tenuous. Two steps forward, one step back is often the way life seems to be these days...or even one step forward, two steps back. It still seems difficult to get ahead, and there's always a good reason why.

Like today, for example, David was mildly complaining of a tummyache during quiet playtime this afternoon, so I tucked him in bed for a nap and he snoozed while I taught a piano lesson to my one student Lily (a model student if there ever was one!). It wasn't too long after the lesson was over and Lily was gone that David woke up vomiting. Ugh. I guess he really did have a tummyache.

There went my agenda...hello, snuggle time on the couch! It probably wasn't too big of a secret to Jeff that I was very much enjoying sitting on the couch this evening with David cuddled up next to me, stroking his forehead, while Jeff changed Tobin's poopy diaper, fed him yogurt and sweet potatoes, made a little supper, attended to Josiah's various needs, etc. When I told David that I had to go upstairs to get Tobin, he begged me to not leave him. Yes! That was exactly what I wanted to hear! ;)

Here are pictures of David on a happier, healthier day, shortly after I got my new camera and was experimenting with its features. So much to learn with that camera! So little time to sit and read the manual! Someday...

5 comments:

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Poor little guy! I hope he feels better soon and that it doesn't spread around your house!
Carrie

Margie said...

Davene, if I was there, I would bring you a large box of chocolate raisins. Or two. I want you to feel better, my friend! Love the pictures with the new camera - beautiful colors.

Unknown said...

I am thinking of you Davene, and wish I could help out. Taking things day-by-day seems to be the only way to get past depression, and it also can help to try to enjoy the little things. I'm sure you're also very tired, with a pregnancy and three little ones. Oh, I wish I could make you tea and have the little ones to my house to play!

Sally said...

David sure is cute in those pictures! I hope he is soon up to full health and playing again.

Flexibility is a big key to survival with small people, isn't it?

I'm glad your having some forward motion these days, even if it is temporary sometimes.

Charree said...

Your pictures are too adorable. I hope that he gets to feeling better soon and that the rest of your family stays healthy.