Saturday, December 27, 2008

Preparations...

...are underway for the second half of our Christmas celebration. Tomorrow my brother and his family from Pennsylvania will be coming to visit for the day, and my niece Sheena and her son Christian will also be here. Yippee!

We're planning a Mexican meal...quasi-Mexican, I suppose, since some of the food items aren't strictly Mexican. Like these tortilla roll-ups I made this evening, for example...not exactly authentic, but oh so yummy!
I never noticed until now how much I dislike the look of them. If you know me well, you know that certain sights just bother me. It's a hard sensation to describe, but I simply get a tiny bit queasy when I see certain things. Certain patterns...certain textures...certain things with bumps and lumps...etc. I've known someone who got grossed out by feeling velvet. I thought that was kind of crazy; but if so, then what am I? :)

If seeing this bothers me so much, then why did I put the picture on my blog? I'm not really sure. Maybe so my sons will remember this strange quirk of mine 50 years from now, and (hopefully) smile affectionately when they do. :)

I've always wanted to meet someone else like me in this area, but I never have. Maybe I'm not the only one in the world afflicted in this way???

4 comments:

Charree said...

Your tortilla rolls look very yummy. I hope that you have a great time with your family tomorrow.

~Charree

Sally said...

It looks so delicious! Makes me want to eat some right now.

Hmm...I don't have that problem, at least not with shapes. I do with colors and some textures. If any food reminds me of newborn calf manure or has the texture of mastitis milk (from cows), I stay far away from it. I cannot STAND lumpy milk! I do NOT freeze milk and then get it out later to drink. No way! It has lumps in then because the freezing does something to the protein in milk and makes it clump up. Other than that, I don't eat blue food (blue jello, blue gatorade, etc.). I don't know what it tastes like (maybe it tastes good), but food shouldn't be blue. Toilet bowl cleaner is blue, but not food or drink. There, now you know my food quirks!

Anonymous said...

Hi Davene! I am Sally's sister and have been evesdropping on your blog for the last month or so. I really enjoy it.

I have to say that the picture of your Mexican rollups gave me the hibbity-jibbitys. There are other sights and textures that do as well. The texture and color of sweet potato casserole is one thing that always makes me sick in the stomach.

Davene said...

Hi, Rachel! Thanks for admitting that you don't like that picture either. I'm not the only one--yay!!! :)