Friday, April 24, 2009

Abundant Beauty

We are making up for winter.

The past few days have been gorgeous, with temperatures steadily rising through this week until today hit the low 80s--perfect!  We've been seizing every opportunity to be outside, reveling in the sunshine and fresh air.  I love this season!

Last evening, we were spending some family time outside; and I couldn't resist grabbing the camera to get some new sidebar pictures for each of the boys.
~ Josiah - 6 years, 10 months old
~ David - 4 years, 1 week old
~ Tobin - 15 months old

The word that has come repeatedly to mind recently as I've contemplated the unfolding beauties of springtime is ABUNDANCE.  This is a word that I primarily associate with the fall of the year (as I did in this post); but here in 2009, I've been struck by the abundance of delights that are springing forth from the earth.

Take these daffodils, for example...
...when have we ever had this many blooms from these plants?  I've used some for cut bouquets and given some to our neighbors, but the flowerbed is still full of these bits of sunshine.

And these tulips!  Sigh... 
...I can't get over how lovely they are.  The shades of color seem particularly beautiful to me this year.
If God put so much beauty into a flower, how much more beauty resides in our souls as we draw our nourishment from Him as naturally as flowers draw nourishment from the earth?

4 comments:

Marie said...

I love it Daven, beautiful words. I love the Abundance you speak about! Thanks for the refreshment.

Unknown said...

how wonderful!

Elizabeth said...

What beautiful flowers you have! They look extremely refreshing. Its no wonder your outside so often!

:)

Julie said...

you have got quite an adorable crew of boys yourself!!! a little girl would be spoiled rotten!! i dont know how you dont find out - it drove me crazy witht he first one and we found out with the rest!! i do love blogging and finding people with similar lifestyles and such....looking forward to visiting you much more often!!!
julie