Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Last Night as a Three Year-old

Tomorrow David turns four.  

It's hard to believe that this little boy, who surprised us even by his birth, has been a part of our family for four years already.  It's also hard to believe that we ever existed without his laughter and energy and vivaciousness.   Our world would be dark and gloomy without this ball of sunshine.

Here is David, the last time I'll tuck him in bed as a three year-old.  He clung to my neck an extra long time as I hugged him tonight.  Maybe he sensed my mood and the significance of this night in the unstoppable passage of time.
I love you, David, more than words can say.  You are truly beloved.

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday to David. His birth story is so sweet...just like him! Thanks for sharing the song. I love that song, but have not heard it for a while. :)

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to a precious sunbeam! I know just how you feel Davene, since my little person turned four only two weeks ago. How could we ever have existed without them?

Bonnie said...

Happy Birthday Cute Little Man!

Birthdays are met with mixed emotions around here too, I'm NEVER ready for my babies to grow up!

Misty said...

Happy Birthday, David!!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

You totally choked me up with this post. I can hardly believe how fast time goes with these kids. He is a precious little boy!
Carrie

The Life of Blights said...

Thanks for stopping by The Life of Blights. Nice to "meet" you. What a cute blog! I look forward to reading yours regularly.