Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My Latest Craving

Take an apple, fresh and crisp from the refrigerator.  Wash it in cool water, cut it in half, core it, then fill the center of each half with a generous dollop of smooth--never crunchy--peanut butter.  That is what I've been craving.  That is what I eat every day.

Unlike my earlier pregnancy craving, this one actually has some decent nutritional value, so I'm not holding back but am indulging my craving whenever it strikes.  Not that I held back with the earlier craving either...  :)

I read a comment recently on someone's blog that caught my attention (but not enough for me to actually remember who wrote it!), something to the effect of when you're pregnant with boys, you crave citrus.  I can testify to that, having craved and eaten huge amounts of citrus fruits while pregnant with each of my boys.  This time, however, I'm not as inclined to go for the citrus.  So does that mean I'm having a girl?  It's certainly not strong enough proof for me to go and raid all our local thrift stores for pink clothes, but I'll keep it in the back of my head until July when I'll either say, "Hey, that was true!" or "Hogwash!"  :)

In the meantime, I'll keep eating my apples with peanut butter...

13 comments:

Misty said...

MMM.. Davene that looks good! I think I might go make some! I've been LOVING peanut butter this pregnancy, especially PB toast w/ a little bit of honey. Annnnnd now I'm hungry...at 11 pm...when I shouldn't be eating!

Sarah said...

I craved this too when I was pregnant with Anna Claire--so it might be a girl! Love that PB!

The Life of Blights said...

Yum That sounds good!

Charree said...

I have been craving these too. And I am with you, the apple has to be from the fridge. It can't be room temperature.

Hope your day is blessed!
~Charree

Valerie said...

Well thanks Davene, now I need to have an apple with pb. Thank you for having a healthy craving. I want jellybeans. :)

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Oh my gosh, this is crazy. Someone told me about that citrus thing too, and BELIEVE me, when I was pregnant with Henry, I was all about the citrus. But when I was pregnant with Nina? All I wanted was crisp apples with peanut butter. No kidding! So who knows, maybe there is something to those old wives' tales!
Carrie

Julie said...

Add me to the peanut butter with girls category. I mean, my last 3 pregnancies were of the girl type (I can't remember much before, so it's not totally scientific) but mine was all about the peanut butter toast. I can't remember if it was that way for the boys...

Elizabeth said...

Mmmmm your making me hungry! :)

Sally said...

This is really interesting! I'm waiting to see how it turns out in July! I think I love citrus so much, that I would eat it the same, pregnant or not. Maybe I just don't remember well enough.

Elizabeth said...

OK...hate to break the trend...I craved peanut butter apples with both of my boy pregnancies. I have never crazed citrus ever. But, I don't have any girl pregnancies to compare to either...

Michelle said...

I craved apple & peanut butter with my youngest son, but I had, and I mean had to have orange pop to go with it! I craved tomatoes with my firtborn son.

Christin said...

Hmm...craved citrus with my last two girls. But that was only after my SIL told me that she craved citrus with her girl.

so maybe it's a mindgame? used to torment those people who don't find out the gender via sonogram...but still try to figure out ways to deduce. *laughing*

Love to you, vene.

Jolanthe said...

yum - I'm with you on the smooth (NEVER crunchy).