Monday, April 6, 2009

Brilliant! ... and Not-So

Brilliant: the colors of nature surrounding me today...vivid green grass, gorgeous blue sky, white and gray clouds scudding across the vast expanse, attention-getting daffodils...I had the opportunity to get out of the house and drive several places today, and my time in the car brought such delight as I drank in the sight of such vivacious colors

Brilliant:  the way the dark blue of the paint I chose for my bedroom walls looks against the newly-painted white trim...dark blue and white is my absolute favorite color combination and has been as long as I can remember...I am immensely pleased with how the bedroom is coming along!

Not-so-brilliant:  my choice to stay up until 2:30 AM last night, just to finish reading a book...it's been ages since I did that, but A Voice in the Wind gripped me so much that I was powerless to put it down before I reached the end (even though I knew what was going to happen because I've read the book before) :)...fortunately, today was such a busy day that I didn't have time to sit for a moment and realize that I was tired...it's hitting me now though, so even though I would like to just peek at the first page of the first chapter of the next book in the series, I'll show great restraint and not even pull the book off the shelf!

5 comments:

Margie said...

I have not heard of this book before; I just read a few of the reviews on Amazon and think I'll put this on my list! Am glad to hear the new room colors make you so happy. And also appreciated reading about the glorious, new spring day. I could feel what you wrote.

bekahcubed said...

I tell you, those books, *Shaking head* they just mess everything up. ;-)

I definitely know the feeling, though.

Glad you enjoyed the book--and that you didn't experience too much exhaustion following your book binge!

Sarah said...

I couldn't put the books down either when I read them. It's been a while, I might need to revisit the story!

Get some rest!

Sally said...

Ahhh, great books! I haven't read that one, but I am just about finished The Well-Trained Mind. I read while I ride the stationary bike in the mornings, so that prevents me from reading beyond what I have time for!

I can't wait to see pictures of you newly-painted room!

Jolanthe said...

The first time I read that book I took it on vacation to Florida with me and didn't take the second one!!!

I was not-so-happy. :)

Jolanthe