Thursday, April 16, 2009

Why I Want White Closet Doors

See the face in this door?
Here, let me darken the picture so it's more obvious.  See it now?
THAT is the reason (one of them, anyway) why I've been eager for the closet doors in my bedroom to be painted.  Who wants a freaky face like that looking at them?  Even if it is only wood, it's weird!  :)

I can't imagine what the person was thinking who put these boards together to construct this door.  Maybe he didn't notice?  Maybe he did it as a joke?  Maybe he thought it looked cool?  Maybe a machine did it and a person never touched it until it was all over?  Who knows!

What I do know is that for all the years of my childhood, that door hung on my mother's closet and that face peered out.  It's not as if I was seriously afraid of it, and even now it's not like it really bothers me...but I do think about it from time to time; and, boy, am I glad it's now covered with a nice layer of white paint.

Goodbye, strange face.  Rest in peace.  :)

6 comments:

Lisa said...

That DOES look scary! Or you (and I) have good imaginations.;-)

Miriam said...

I would've had to have painted it a long time ago. It's freaky looking.

jeanette said...

ok-that IS creepy...I would have painted those a LONG time ago! :)

Valerie said...

Yeah, I think I would have painted that a long time ago too. I would have tried to convince my mom to paint it when I was little! :) Glad it's a fresh white for you now.

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

I definitely think you should paint over Mr. Creepy Face! It's time...go for it!
Carrie

Jolanthe said...

oooo...I'm laughing out loud. I should send you a picture of my bedroom door. It looks like b.r.e.a.s....well, you get picture. ;)