Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Made Me Think

My friend Julie (I have a few of those: Julie S., Julie M., Julie V...it's a good name!) sent me this quote from A.W. Tozer recently, and I want to remember this because it's so applicable for today.

When men believe God, they speak boldly. When they doubt, they confer. Much current religious talk is but uncertainty rationalizing itself; and this they call "engaging in the contemporary dialogue." It is impossible to imagine Moses or Elijah so occupied.

I want to land more squarely in the Moses/Elijah camp than I do in the contemporary dialogue one!

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Oh wow. That absolutely does make one think. And it's kind of scary.

Mamajil said...

this is good thanks for sharing this....gives me something to ponder for sure!

Sally said...

Thanks for sharing this. I need to work at being more sure of what I believe and with Scripture verses to state it. That boils down to more time in the Word. I want to be in the Moses & Elijah camp too.

Unknown said...

This is interesting -- and it does seem that the church as a body today has become so liberal and 'open-minded' that it seldom knows its mind or puts its foot down on an issue these days. Would you agree? That said, I think there can be advantages coming from discussion of doctrine -- the world today is very different to the biblical world, and in order to remin relevant in some respects the church needs to be flexible. It's a fascinating discussion.

Margie said...

Love this. I'm doing some catching up today - have missed quite a bit. Really, really find this thoughtful and true. Thanks for posting it.