Saturday, January 30, 2010

Saturday, Snow, Shav

It's snowing today. Beautiful, beautiful snow. I haven't been outside to measure; but from the looks of it, I'd say we've gotten 5-6 inches. The "still a kid" part of me gets so excited when I see it start to snow, and I always wish it would snow more!

The boys and I stayed close to the woodstove this morning, spending extra time relaxing in our pajamas and reading. We finished In Grandma's Attic; and today, when Josiah and David kept asking for "one more chapter" each time we finished the previous one, I was happy to oblige.

And then, Jeff came home early from work! Always a good thing.

Life is sweet...

And so is Shav. Did you know that his third tooth broke through today? A tiny glint of white in his right front upper gum told me that, at last, that tooth had officially arrived, after being a bulge in the gum for many days.

He rolled over again this morning, when I had him on the living room floor while I played a game of Skip-Bo with Josiah and David before Tobin woke up. He still seemed pleased as punch at his accomplishment.

And do you know what else? Shav slept through the night last night! For the first time in a long time, he slept all the way through--from the time I put him in bed a little after 8:00 PM last evening until 6:46 AM this morning. I'm not quite as excited as I was when he first started sleeping through the night at two months of age...but almost.

Here is Shav getting a drum lesson from big brother David (who helpfully arranged toys and various other items just so in order for Shav to reach the drum while he was seated in the Bumbo):
And here is David pretending to take a picture of Shav (with my old, OLD camera that's now relegated to the toy chest--the kind of camera that uses film--"what is film?" my children will one day ask):
I have to say it again: life is so sweet.

3 comments:

Misty said...

So cute!! I though very much dislike this snow. Instead of my husband coming home early from work it keeps him there. But Ana slept through the night finally the night before last and I felt SOO good. I think I was more excited than when she did it as a newborn!

Emily said...

I love that you read your boys In Grandma's Attic! I read the whole set when I was a girl...many many times. And sometimes even still I go over to my mom's and pull one off the shelf and read a couple stories.

Margie said...

I'm SO GLAD Shav slept through the night. I hope this begins a habit he keeps for a long, long time.