Friday, January 29, 2010

The Professor

David desperately wanted glasses.

I was unaware of this fact, but apparently he's been asking Jeff for a pair for months! Where have I been? Maybe the reason he asked Jeff and not me is because Jeff occasionally wears glasses (when he's giving his eyes a break from his contacts). In any case, during their expedition to the mall a few nights ago, Jeff found a pair of glasses for David--actually, the lenses are plastic so should we call them "plastics"? David was beyond thrilled and has been wearing them almost nonstop since then.

I can barely keep a straight face when I see him in his glasses. I've taken to calling him "The Professor" because he looks so scholarly in them. Here he is doing a little light reading before bedtime...
...and the huge book on his lap?
It's the dictionary. No, he can't really read it; but he certainly can pretend.
It's hard for me to take The Professor seriously...
...even when he himself is serious.
Oh, David, what will you think of next?
Life would surely be dull without you to entertain us!

9 comments:

Mike and Katie said...

That's so funny! One of Amanda's favortie books was a orange spell check book. She carried that thing everywhere and opened it to "read" it. Silly kids!

Kristen said...

Yes, I can see why you might have a hard time keeping a straight face. He's super cute, though. I remember when I was younger and wanted glasses. Now that I have to wear them (or contacts) I wish I didn't... Hope you're enjoying the snow.

Julie said...

Oh my goodness! The third picture from the bottom reminds me so much of Kyle Yoder!

Lisa said...

OH MY WORD! I'm laughing so much! How hilarious! And he wears them so well!!!

Way too cute.

Sally said...

This is really funny! He looks so cute---and so funny at the same time. I wonder what he'll think of this in 20 years.

Stephanie said...

So funny Davene! I remember wanting glasses too, and now I'd love to have perfect vision.

Unknown said...

He is just so cute!!! Now he is in the GLASSES GROUP with ME. But he's lucky he gets to choose when he is the mood to wear them unlike some of us. Miss you and your family.

Unknown said...

OM! He is adorable!

Margie said...

Oh, Davene. He is your ham! The glasses are priceless. I hope I see more of him in those studious, professor-like specs.