Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Turning Two

I had intended tonight to write a more detailed account of Tobin's second birthday and to include lots and lots and LOTS of pictures. However, Shav needed a little extra help going to sleep tonight after we got home from a church service, so that gobbled up my blogging time, and I only have enough time to start my record of Tobin's big day. Oh, well, it was clearly more important tonight to care for Shav than to sit here at my computer to write. Writing can wait; Shav can't. :)

Speaking of Shav, I love how he's looking up at his big brother Tobin with such an interested, adoring look on his face in this picture.
These pictures were taken yesterday morning, before I had even gotten the birthday boy out of his pajamas. When I see them, I'm reminded of how much Tobin loves animals, even these stuffed ones that hang above Shav's swing (and how good he's getting at making various animal sounds)...how much Tobin loves interacting with his little brother (and how tender and careful he usually is with him)...
...and how much Tobin loves this snowman. A year ago, I wrote about this special winter decoration and my delight in it; this year, it looks like Tobin is following in my footsteps and thoroughly enjoying this cheerful, soft snowman. A cutie pie holding a cutie pie! :)
Before I end, I want to mention that the beautiful photo of Tobin that I posted yesterday was actually taken by Emily who graciously agreed to come over yesterday afternoon to hang out with my boys and take some pictures of them. If all goes well, you'll see more of the pictures she took when I do my post tomorrow. :)

Now that my electric blanket has done its work and my bed is toasty warm, I'm outta here! :)

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe Tobin is already two!!!! And what a little treasure he is! I wish I could feel him in my arms :) He is looking a lot like David. Who do you think he looks most like?

Happy Birthday Tobin!

Davene said...

Elizabeth,

I don't know who he looks like!! Out of all our boys, I think Tobin has the most unique look--the hardest one to pin down and say who he looks like. I'm still trying to figure out who he favors! :)

Margie said...

Happy Birthday, Tobin!! It's been wonderful to read all about you on your mommy's blog. You are a smart, funny, growing-up boy, and it's hard to believe you are already TWO.