Sunday, July 11, 2010

Gravel in the Mouth


~ I took this photo at Riven Rock Park - June 20, 2010

I know someone who is pursuing stolen bread right now--not bread in a literal sense, but pleasure which does not rightfully belong to this individual. My prayer--strange as it may be--is that it will quickly turn to gravel in this person's mouth. Is that a mean prayer? Not when it may lead to quick repentance and may save this person's soul.

I hope, for the sake of my eternal destiny, that in times when I get off-track and start pursuing stolen "bread" of any sort, my eyes will be opened immediately to the fact that I'm chewing on gravel, so that I will spit it out...and not be spit out (Revelation 3:16).

1 comment:

Margie said...

Good verse - and sobering. I'm going to write it down to share with the girls at an appropriate time.