Friday, January 19, 2007

Family Night Menu

Tonight is our family night in honor of Josiah. Every other Friday we have our family night, and we alternate who the honored member of the family is for family night. Because it's Josiah's night, he gets to choose what we'll eat for dinner, he gets to use the "Celebrate" plate, we will share things about him for which we are grateful while we're eating dinner and we'll write them in a special journal, and he gets to choose the activity for the evening. He would like to go bowling tonight, and as for the menu...macaroni and cheese with tuna. Not "real" macaroni and cheese, but mac and cheese from a box...the spiral kind. That seems to be his favorite meal at the moment!

Maybe he gets that from me... I used to think that if I had to choose one food to eat for the rest of my life, it would be spaghetti with butter and parmesan cheese. (Not that I WANT to be confined to one food forever, but if I had to be for some unique torture...) Now I'm tempted to switch my choice to macaroni and cheese. I've never met a mac and cheese that I didn't like! Especially my mother's homemade kind...or my sister's...yum, hers is incredibly delicious. Mac and cheese from a box is OK, and we'll enjoy that together tonight, but there are so many good homemade mac and cheese recipes!

The funny thing is that as a girl, I too preferred the mac and cheese from a box. I guess that goes with the territory of being a kid!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Wow! What a great family night. I hope that my kids are happy with their pizza and "let's be together finishing our Christmas thank you notes" family night tonight.

As to mac and cheese in a box...
glad it's a favorite, because it's on the menu for tomorrow!

Have a great day, Sylvan Drive!