Thursday, January 18, 2007

Will We Be Robbered Again?

Tonight as I was tucking Josiah in bed, he asked me, "Will we ever be robbered again?"...although his pronunciation of "robbered" sounded more like "wobbled" and left me scratching my head for a minute trying to figure out what he was talking about! When the lightbulb came on in my mind and I understood him, I quickly reassured him of God's knowledge of everything that will happen to us and of His angels that stand guard around us. In the "red book" (the Bible in cartoon form) that we read before dinner, we've been reading through some great Old Testament stories of God's deliverance through supernatural means--enemy armies running away for no apparent reason, etc. I brought that up with Josiah before he went to sleep to comfort him. In times like these, I think two things: first, I'm so grateful for the complete peace we can have in Jesus, and second, what is really going on inside Josiah's head as he thinks back to the robbery? Has it affected him more than we realize?

No comments: