Monday, January 29, 2007

Full House




Whew, what a weekend! Friday night brought us a packed house for our fellowship potluck and Bible study...Saturday morning, my friend Tracy came for a visit...Saturday afternoon, Lauren and her wonderful mother came by...Saturday evening, Jeff and I went out (yahoo!) with a couple for whom Jeff will perform their wedding ceremony in March...Sunday morning brought us a crowd for our worship service and potluck...and tonight we hosted some dear friends for dinner and a game of Taboo (which the Fisher team, made up of Jeff and myself, along with Tracy and Tony, won, by the way...not that anyone is keeping track...or maybe they are, Phat). So I think it's fair to say life has been busy! But what a blessing to have so many friends to spend time with, and what a blessing to have such a big house in which to welcome guests. In the past, we've always lived in small apartments/townhouses; and we've always crammed numerous guests into these small spaces. The record for us has to be Christmas 2004 which we spent in Tel Aviv hosting 60+ guests in our 736 square foot apartment. That was fun! But now--wow, what luxury as we have so much space to use here. Even still, we joke that the table isn't big enough and we're going to have to enlarge the kitchen!

Hebrews 13:1-2 is a good reminder for me tonight: Keep on loving each other as brothers. Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it. I'm sure we've entertained some angels along the way; in fact, I think they're usually the ones who end up in the kitchen loading my dishwasher for me. :) I send my sincere thanks to our guests who bring such a blessing on this house by giving us these opportunities to serve. (This is a Jewish concept by the way--the blessing gets reversed--the one who gives reaps the greater blessing than the one who gets--we see this come out in the New Testament in Acts 20:35.)

The pictures at the beginning of this post were taken tonight. I love the picture of Ryan and David on the couch looking at a Wiggles book. They sure are buddies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't mind me teaching your children about the "respect knuckles"... I thought it'd be fun to have our little thing together. Of course, you can give them respect knuckles too :)