Saturday, August 28, 2010

Tonight Is for Listening

Who would have guessed that the little girl who, from shyness, hid behind her mother when someone approached and was known to cry when her brother's friend gave her a balloon would turn into a woman who talked typed so much, a woman with words pouring forth, a woman who always longed for more time to give expression to her thoughts?

But tonight -- tonight is for listening.  I need to hear His voice.

I have stilled and quieted my soul,
like a weaned child with its mother.
~ Psalm 131:2

1 comment:

Sally said...

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has way more to share, either in typing or talking, than ever there is time for, and, than ever anyone else wants to hear or read. I guess a lot of thoughts will just be mine as I think them while nursing Marie.