Sunday, May 6, 2007

Ah, the Power of Caffeine

After a fairly full day today (Josiah's soccer in the morning and a friend's senior recital in the afternoon), I was feeling somewhat worn out. But lo and behold, after supper (and a few glasses of my mother's delicious iced tea), I had a huge spurt of energy; and after I got the boys tucked in bed, I accomplished quite a bit. Whew, what a welcome change after this draggy week!

Here is what I worked on...
~ cleaned out the refrigerator
~ used furniture polish on the kitchen table and took out the extra leaves we'd put in for our fellowship potluck yesterday
~ put extra chairs away
~ organized the outside of the refrigerator (various art projects by the boys, plus the LeapFrog magnetic letters)
~ cleaned out my purse
~ cleaned out the diaper bag and restocked it for tomorrow
~ did ALL the dishes (including one difficult dish that my cheesy spoonbread from yesterday had burned onto...normally I would have procrastinated on that dish, in the name of "letting it soak" so it would be easier to clean tomorrow) :)
~ cleaned up the rest of the kitchen with lots of miscellaneous items left sitting around from fellowship
~ did the same in the living room with miscellaneous items
~ organized the big bookshelf/toy basket area by the front door
~ organized both bookshelves in the kitchen
~ jotted down items on my grocery list as well as in my planner
~ did some birthday shopping for Josiah on eBay
~ wrote a few emails
~ downloaded pictures
~ started blogging

Wow, it's been fun! :)

No comments: